Sunday, September 16, 2007

20 + 10

i made it! 20 miles yesterday and 10 this morning. by the end of 20 yesterday i felt like i couldn't run another step. that seemed like a problem. but my 10 miles this morning felt great! (well, except for dodging the stupid CARA training groups running their fully supported 2o miler this morning). i've been worried that i'm nowhere near the shape i was in for the madison marathon but maybe my body is finally catching up! one can only hope. because it sure does feel good to run long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! 20 is supposed to feel bad:) I always finish them saying, "how in hell am I going to run another 10K?" But we DO!

I dodged the CARA runners too . . . it gave me the chillies to see so many people with bib numbers on gutting out a 20 miler. H. and I were finishing our final 20 as they swept by us going South.

You are in AWESOME shape right now (I should know - I see you walking, running, student-ing and teaching all the time!). At this point, you are a PRO . . . this is your 3rd marathon in a year! Your body WILL show up ready to rev up the engine on race day.

You are such an inspiration.

Enjoy "Why We Run"!